Thursday, January 24, 2008

I have been famous SO many times.

So I know that no one reads this, but it's nice to have a venting spot that is accessible anywhere there is internet. Maybe someday my adoring fans will cherish this as my old virtual haunt. Or maybe my children will one day read and learn. Or, most likely, maybe someday I will read this as a wizened and sly old woman, laughing at my foolish, large, 19-year old hopes and ideas.

Well the most recent update regarding my internal state of affairs (certainly the most interesting segment of my life and experiences) is that I have become much less dependent on a "social life"...whatever that really means. My need for affirmation, constant conversation, and ceaseless company has all but vanished. I don't really know how I feel about this, but regardless, it has happened. I have begun to realize that I don't really care if everyone loves me...or for that matter, even knows about me. This is really revolutionary. Never in my life have I felt quite like that before. When I was 6 years old I would sing in front of the bathroom mirror with the door locked and the fan on, bringing masses to tears with my incredibly touching renditions of bittersweet-sounding Disney anthems. At age 11, I stood in open fields and "ice-skated" for crowds of thousands, aweing them with my unprecedented grace and skill...the audience was all the more amazed because this young prodigy had learned to ice-skate in only a year! Even at age 16, I would cloister myself in my room and give speeches for hillsides of people, causing them to utterly and forever alter their entire worldview because of my Heaven-ordained persuasive, and unarguable discourse. I was elected president, knighted, hailed as a rock-star, and carved into the pages of history before age 18.

So. You can see why it is such an incredible accomplishment for me to--FINALLY--enjoy being in my room alone and singing for NO ONE AT ALL. Maybe this is only a whim and tomorrow night my nightly dreams of fame will once again commence. Or, maybe this is really the result of a God-caused heart change that will last forever. I really pray that it is the latter. Because frankly, it is much easier to live a pleasant and stress free life when you're not constantly attempting to further your fan base. :)

1 comment:

Brian Reaves said...

See, this the is moment in your life when it will all begin to take off. You may not become famous tomorrow or even next year, but you will look back on this time in your life and realize this is where it all started. It's when we crucify our own dreams and aspirations for our lives and search desperately for our calling in God that the change we most sought for hits us. It is when we ask God for His purpose in our lives that we become something great.

Found your blog through Pastor Dave's, and it was good timing. Can't wait to read your book someday!